Thursday, March 14, 2013

Painted Moldings... and a dream house.

There is a house that has been on my mind lately. It's a great house. A really great house. One with an amazing layout. A huge screened porch. A beautifully landscaped backyard. An incredible dining room. And huge bedrooms. Huge.
The foyer to this home has marble floors. Talk about first impressions.

Like this but a softer white with stronger green veining.
So really, nothing like this.

It is simply gorgeous. And... the only flooring I want to keep in the home. The rest is carpet and ceramic tile. I'm focusing on the positive. Marble.

The foyer is small but keeps popping up in my thoughts. {Mind you, I do not own this house, nor is it a project. But it is almost fully decorated in my head.} One thing I will surely do is paint the trim a color. Because, why does it have to be white?  


Source: Ellen on Pinterest









Source: ruemag.com viaBailey on Pinterest

I'm embracing a white wall, but for trim I would go with a shade like this..
Source: houzz.com viaGeorgia on Pinterest

with this painting above a console-
And with two green sofas in the living room to the right to tie it all together.
See? Out of control.

What do you think about painted moldings? Do you always keep them white? Or treat them as accents for a room? Especially those of you who love a white wall.. Isn't this a little more fun?

9 comments:

  1. beautiful and creative photos! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously considering painted moldings for my cookie cutter home in Atlanta. I love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My trim in the whole house is oak. I am afraid to paint them because the windows are oak too. My house is old. Not a fancy old but a cheap old. Like they put two chicken coops together. Lol And then I got it and I did the same thing. I added on two bedrooms and lengthened the living room. But I replaced all the windows and doors back in 1987 and I didn't want the old style. The long windows and old leaky doors. So I upgraded. I still don't want the old windows or doors but I would like fancier moldings and maybe even painted moldings not stained. But that is a big job. Could I honestly stay with it or would I quit before it was done?? That's my problem. I get all excited and want to do it all right now but then I start to many projects... Darn, I have to be brave like you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. White is too common. For me, I’d prefer sky blue for my walls because it's soothing and adds spiritual energy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The sofa is looking pretty good and the dream house is fantastic. Bedroom Decor ideas

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent read, I just passed this onto a colleague who was doing a little research on that. And he actually bought me lunch because I found it for him smile So let me rephrase that: Thanks for lunch!
    www.smallde.com
    http://game-4rt.blogspot.com/
    Jual Jilbab Online
    Aplikasi Android
    Download Game PC Ringan
    http://cari-penginapanmurah.blogspot.com/
    http://model-rumah-terbaru.blogspot.com/
    www.busterwonderdog.com
    www.jualtas.smallde.com
    www.ssweightloss.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great interior designing and interior furnishing!

    ReplyDelete