Thursday, December 6, 2012

The World is Your Oyster.

That is such a strange saying, don't you think?
I actually had to Google it and came up with..
One rules the world.; One is in charge of everything.
or
One has the ability and the freedom to do anything or go anywhere.
Interesting. 
I like all of those things. 

Back to the point, the love of oysters came late to me in life, but is a real love just the same. 
In honor of next week's trip to one of my favorite cities ever and the mass quantities of oysters we will consume, here are a few related pieces I swoon over...

I love Sheila Gourlay's work.. and would LOVE to have one of her oysters in my own home one day.  Definitely on the wish list. 
{Sheila Gourlay Paintings Here}



Source: google.com via Carol on Pinterest




Oyster plates are gorgeous.. I should really pull mine out more. Even for just random things other than serving actual oysters.





Source: nytimes.com via Simone on Pinterest


Kinda scary looking, huh?
But, YUM.


I have always loved these paintings by Savannah artist, Bellamy Murphy.
Tough call between one of these and a Gourlay. Both would work in my house.
The colors in these are amazing.




'


Source: etsy.com via aaragon* on Pinterest

Doesn't this get you in the mood for New Orleans?
I'm ready to go!

1 comment: