Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sausage Biscuit Saturdays

I love breakfast.
I love weekend guests.
But I don't want to wake up and stress about cooking breakfast for my weekend guests. I like weekend mornings to be easy- breezy. McD's Sausage Biscuit style, but a little fancier if there are special people staying in my home.

A few weekends ago, I did have special people staying over and wanted something
1. Impressive
2. Delicious &
3. Easy.
for breakfast. I found these on Greenville girl, Sarah Berry's food blog, Literally A Spoonful. I made them on Friday afternoon, and popped them in the oven and flipped on the coffee pot with one eye shut. And all served up with slices of cantaloupe.

It is the best breakfast ever for company.
Seriously.


Tina Treats
8 pack canned biscuits {large, homestyle is the kind I used}
1 tube Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage
1 can rotel
8 oz cream cheese
cheddar cheese

Brown sausage on stove, then drain. Next add can of rotel tomatoes {drained}, then cream cheese. Cut biscuit dough in half and place in a greased muffin tin. Then add several spoonfuls of the sausage mixture on top of the biscuits. Top with cheddar cheese.

Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 12 minutes.
 




Of course there are no "after" shots... we were too busy "visiting", but be assured, they popped out beautifully and were delicious! Doesn't this make you want to have spend the night company? Can I come spend the night?

1 comment:

  1. Oh god... Now I know how to make them at home! Those were the BEST - and I'm quite sure they cured my hangover. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete