Wednesday, September 19, 2012

My New Lunch Salad

I really wasn't kidding about my new love for avocados. I have a new salad that has taken over the everyday turkey sandwich that I am very excited about.


I have been throwing chicken breasts into the crock pot at the beginning of the week. It has been the best time saver for meals! I can use it in anything, and it makes eating healthy so much easier.

While the bacon and goat cheese kind of knock out the healthiness on this one, it is an absolutely delicious salad that completely fills me up. I use equal amounts of lettuce and chicken.

Romaine- Cut Up Small
Handful of Shredded Chicken
5-6 Cherry Tomatoes- Cut Up
Half an Avocado- Cut Up
Little Sprinkling of Goat Cheese
Half a Piece of Bacon- Cut Up (Frida always gets the other half)

Vinaigrette (I mix all of this in a mason jar and shake it up. Keeps for a few days)
1/2 cup Olive Oil
3 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar ( I used white. It was closer to me in the cabinet)
1 Tbsp Dijon Mustard (I used Spicy Brown. That's what I had)
1 Garlic Clove, minced
Salt and Pepper

I usually eat the other half of the avocado for desert. Because, come on, they don't really keep well. I can't let it go bad!

No comments:

Post a Comment