Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Bacon Tomato Pie

Sometimes I wish I cooked. Then, I actually do it and have to clean up. That's not fun. I do really enjoy cooking though, especially for groups of people in party-form. I love a dip or appetizer. I made this Bacon Tomato Pie for our cookbook club last month then again for friends Monday night.
Pretty sure we will see it again. It is heavenly.


Bacon Tomato Pie
Adapted from Prime Meridian

6 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced (I used Romas because they have fewer seeds)
1 9 inch pie crust, baked
2 tbsp finely chopped green onion
6-8 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
1 tsp sugar
6-8 leaves basil, chopped
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 cups shredded mozzarella

Preheat oven to 350. Layer tomatoes in pie crust. Sprinkle oinion and bacon over tomatoes. Mix sugar, basil, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over pie. Combine mayonnaise and cheese. Spread over top of pie. Bake 30 minutes.
*I turned the broiler on for a couple of minutes just to brown the top at the end. Keep an eye on the pie if you do this! Don't let it burn.

No comments:

Post a Comment