Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Unknown Portrait

I am working on a new piece for the magazine, and while I have not seen the home in person yet, from photographs, I am completely in love with one space-- a simple breakfast room with dark beams and white walls, a beautiful farm table and a stunning collection of portraits. There is such great contrast.. it seems like some of the only color in the house. I cannot wait to show you!
I love the idea of unknown portraits. Who knows who these people are; what's their story? I just love the mystery of it all..





Or sometimes just a single portrait can stand alone if it is special enough.

Source: google.com via MaryNeff on Pinterest


What do you think? Would you have paintings of unknown people in your home? Is that a little creepy?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment