Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Fig Pizza

Do you have a favorite flavor combination? Peanut butter and chocolate? Strawberries and cream?
I do- hands down.
Figs, goat cheese and procuitto.

Love it. Love it. Love it. A little sweet, a little creamy, and a little salty.
Throw these on a pizza and I will love you forever.
Or, I'll just do it myself.
My grandmother makes fig preserves every year that are the very best.
I actually traded an A on a project for a jar in college.
 Still whole figs in there.
I got pizza crusts from my favorite baker, Donald at Mockingbird Bakery.
I threw them in the oven before the toppings to crisp them up. 
Then piled everything on... including some caramelized onion to spice things up.
Throw on a little basil, and Done.
Delicious.

2 comments:

  1. That sounds delish. But my favorite will always be chocolate and peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete