Wednesday, June 20, 2012

I would like to thank the Academy.....

It's a big day, ladies and gentlemen..
I won an award.


This was bestowed upon me by one of my favorites, Mary of Burning it Down.
Lucky for me, she married a Greenville boy a few years back and the two of them grace the Delta every so often. It makes me super happy, and I usually have a small (big) headache the next day but plenty to laugh about.
Her blog is hi-larious. Girl tells it exactly how it is.
Her "Drink Recipe of the Week" should be made into a book.
(Lets talk about this.. I can do the illustrations.. and taste testing.)

SO.. back to me. I am thrilled to accept this honorable award, though I had to Google it to find out what on earth it was for.

"The origins of the Liebster Blog award are somewhat unclear but the general consensus is that it originated in Germany, Liebster meaning favourite or dearest, to showcase bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. Upon accepting the award the recipient can then pass it on to five more blogs of note. A way of introducing other bloggers to the blogs you enjoy."

You love me.
You really love me.

I'm passing on that love to my favorites.
First, to Laura Merrill of Decorating the Elevator.
 Not only is she hilarious, but is a great cook, a really fabulous seamstress and an all around bad ass with great taste in music. And happily is a great friend to me!  

Second, to Katherine of Southern Bourbon Mountains.
I do not know this girl, but I feel like we would be great friends.
We could, at least, talk Saints and cocktail napkins.
Over drinks.

And Third to Mary Straton {now} of  Olive You, Darling.
I love love love her Wednesday Wish Lists,
though they are super tempting on the wallet.

So there you go...
3 more fabulous blogs to stalk, if you aren't already.
Congrats Girls! And share the love!









No comments:

Post a Comment