Monday, May 7, 2012

Where the Grown Folks Play

When I moved to Greenwood 4 years ago, with my car packed to the brim with clothes and paintings and Frida, I took the Main Street exit into town and passed by the most amazing place I had ever seen.
Club Wispers.

I remember thinking
A. They spelled Whispers wrong.
B. I want to go there one day.
C. WOW.

I never actually made it to Club Wispers. You're welcome Mom. I know it might not have been the best idea. But I LOVED that sign. I would purposely send visitors through downtown just to pass by.

This weekend at River to the Rails, Mainstreet Greenwood auctioned off that sign in panels.
There were several of Greenwoods finest hovering around the bid sheets at 3pm.
And I totally scored.


I have no idea what I am going to do with this, but something pretty fabulous will happen.
I would love to know what everyone else is doing with theirs!



2 comments: