Monday, December 19, 2011

Pillows of Awesomeness.

True Story:
Christmas 2003. I was living the good life in Memphis. Being the fabulous and loving daughter I am, I left work and was traveling to Greenville to be with my family for the holidays. My parents had informed me on the way that they would not be able to take me to Doe's as I had requested for my homecooked meal but would instead be going to a party down the street. Without me.
I decided I would slow the trusty 4Runner down and take advantage of some Christmas Light Viewing down Highway 61. Carols on the radio and me singing at the top of my lungs, I whipped down by Deer Creek to see the lights in Leland. Lovely. Heading back up to the 4 way stop,  O Holy Night came on. Crank it up. My Favorite. I was hitting that high note right at the Leland Motel when KABAM. Oh, hello pick up truck in front of me, nice trailer hitch in my grill. Whoops.
Regardless, O Holy Night is still my favorite Christmas song. I try not to listen to it in the car. It did come on last night while I was making these little pillows of awesomeness.


Homemade Marshmallows, Ladies and Gentlemen.
They are not hard to make...
I follow the recipe at The Smitten Kitchen.
They are much easier with a stand mixer, but alas I do not own one at this time so I use a hand mixer which is not a big deal.  
FYI. Marshmallows are the perfect accompaniment to my favorite Christmas beverage.

Nog.


No comments:

Post a Comment