Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Rhythm and Books

So I took yesterday off from my life. It was awesome. My husband came home from cooking at the Masters late Monday night, and we celebrated and in turn, slept in. It was much needed.
I did though get back into action last night for the book signing of friend/chef/author Martha Foose at Turnrow Books. Turnrow is one of my all time favorite places in the world. The owners are great and have turned this old building into a well designed dream. The store was packed with friends, the food was delicious, we got to brown bag it and to top off the night, George McConnell was playing. I felt like I was 18 years old, and it took every bit of my being not to dance at the "stage" all night by myself to old Beanland songs.
So much fun. Go Greenwood!
We were also celebrating an art opening for Georgia artist Kendall Boggs. Her pieces are all over Turnrow right now. They are very feminine with amazing texture. I hung out with her the afternoon of my birthday and was so happy to see her again. She is also featuring some great photos from last night on her blog.










Have a great day!




1 comment:

  1. It was so good to see you last night!!! Thanks for the shout out!!!
    kb

    ReplyDelete