Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I told you yesterday that I went to visit my parents while Nick was away. I realized while I was there that you might not know where I get my style/ obsession with color. My mother (if you haven't guessed by now) is my mentor, especially with design but really with most everything. Her house is the epitomy of amazing. It is pretty much where I came up with saying "amazing" so much. I love it. I strive to make mine like hers. She has the most badass style of anyone I know. And she just rolled her eyes that I typed "badass".
She sent me a text Monday afternoon, saying "Come to dinner. Spend the night. Play with me." How would you ever say NO to that??? We had the most fabulous day.. coffee outside with the dogs, lunch with her parents, and shopping. 
In my hurry Monday afternoon, I forgot my camera, but these are the shots I got with hers.








Isn't it fun? This is not the house I grew up in,
but is the one I feel the most at home (other than OURS!).
We had our wedding and reception here.

And don't you want to squeeze that dog?

2 comments:

  1. Yes. I rolled my eyes. --but you always make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this makes me homesick....your mother has inspired some of my decor as well...she does have great taste!!

    ReplyDelete