Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Helping The Help

If you follow this blog, you might remember 6 crazy months for me last year when I completely slacked on blogging (and housework, friendships, my husband, taking care of my dog). During that time, I worked for the Art department of the DreamWorks film, "The Help". I "helped" take care of a million little things during that time. It was exhausting and fun. I met some wild people, a few who I know I will keep in touch with for years. There were so many talented people in my department who patiently taught me what goes into making a major movie. The trailer to the movie came out yesterday, and I am sure most of you have seen it already, but if not.. here it is:

I have watched it 10 times in the last 24 hours. I am proud. I kinda teared up. I feel all the work was worth it! Every lamp, switch plate, book, drapery, and toilet (you'll see)... I have had my hands on. That's pretty cool if I say so myself.
Stay tuned: August 12th is the big day!

2 comments:

  1. You did an AMAZING job! I can't wait to see the movie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I cannot WAIT to see this movie! I love all the artsy details in the background, your hard work totally pays off.

    ReplyDelete