Monday, January 24, 2011

Southern Inspiration

While I love a good glamorous magazine spread of a mid century modern overlooking the Pacific, that's just not my reality right now (Travel Channel, I do have a really great idea for a MaryNeff and Nick show to help that out).
What I do love is Southern Living lately. And I really love finding a space that seems vaguely familiar..



Bookshelves flanking a painted brick fireplace.. windows above.
Things that make you go hmmmmmmmm.
What do I like better in Coastal Living editor, Steele Marcoux's, house?
Truthfully, the lighter wall color. (I KNOW, that doesn't sound like me...) 
I really really like the dark painted backs to the shelves.
I have thought of doing this also but worry that it will be tooooo dark in my room. Maybe if I went lighter on the walls???


I think that sofa is badass.
 I am craving cool colors AND lighter walls now, what on earth is wrong with me???
 I love the humongous bolster too, though I think Nick would throw it on the floor.
And not pick it back up. And I would get mad.

I feel very at home.
Check out the rest of her Birmingham house in February's Southern Living.
She has some awesome flea market light fixtures.
You go, girl.


3 comments:

  1. I love the different shades of green in both of the pictures. And lighter walls are a great idea. Looks super homey.

    Matters of Merrymaking

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the shade of green. It always remind of spring. The house looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loving the green sofa. Great images.

    ReplyDelete