Wednesday, January 12, 2011

I am and have always been a big reader. As a child, I would beg, borrow, and steal to get a ride to WaldenBooks in the mall. Still today, I think one of the best gifts to give or receive is a wonderful, thoughtful book. (PS: I have a personal shopper at my favorite bookstore.)
I love living around books. I feel that they tell a story about a person or family. One of my favorite things about decorating our first place as a married couple was combining our collections. I love the mixture of colors and textures with other objects.
That being said, the introduction of the Kindle or IPad is a wonderful thing. The "book on the go" is a great concept, and the thought of not having to pack an extra bag on a long vacation is tempting.
But will it make the book obsolete? We have lost so many great magazines already to the internet, what will happen to the actual book?
And also, and importantly, what will happen to the bookshelf?













Can you imagine any of these spaces without books?

3 comments:

  1. Love all of these but I think I love the one with the 8 0 photo the best! Something about it looks loved and lived in. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love creating visual displays with just books! Great post!

    ReplyDelete