Monday, August 30, 2010

From Coffee to Cocktails

I wrote several months ago how I needed/wanted an undate on our coffee table. 
This one was the first piece of furniture I bought from Pottery Barn when I moved into my house in Oxford in 1998.
Yes, it has been a part of my decor for twelve years.

As you can see, it is pretty heavy looking, very dark and masculine. While trying to stay within budget and still do other things around the house, I decided against a new table and took inspiration from my favorite Worlds Away pieces.
So out came the screwdriver and the wooden top came off...


A can of Hammered Gold spray paint to the base..



And a beautiful piece of mirror went on!


I love how it feels more like a cocktail table..
Just a little more feminine.
This might just be phase 1 of the table renovation.
But more on that another day...

 Frida and I are very happy with it.

2 comments: