Thursday, June 17, 2010

Noodle Salad Night

I have been working crazy hours for the last few weeks..
I know most of you do it on a daily basis,
but I am used to "teacher hours"!
Regardless, my house is suffering.
I haven't done anything new in a couple of weeks, including much cleaning!
Nick has taken the reigns though
and is making me super- proud.
I came home late last week on his day off to this amazing dinner.
This is how we do "healthy", plus
I love a good one- bowl wonder. 

Vietnamese Noodle Salad 


Basically, the simple run- down from bottom to top:
Cooked Spaghetti Noodles
Torn Romaine Lettuce
Grilled Pork Chops, sliced
(Marinated in Fish Sauce, Ginger, and Hoisin)
Torn Basil Leaves
Chopped Green Onion
Chopped Peanuts

Pile those into a bowl and pour this on top:
(Nick says to combine with a mortar and pestle.
I think it can be done in a blender,
 but don't tell Nick I said that)
3 Serrano Chilies, seeded and chopped
1 Clove Garlic, minced
3 Tbs Sugar
2/3 cup warm water
1 1/2 Tbs Lime Juice
5 Tbs Fish Sauce

You might not have all of these ingredients
in your pantry,
but they are worth it!


Dig out those chop sticks and Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment