Tuesday, June 22, 2010

The New Man in Town

I am looking forward to my new July issue of House Beautiful... Not just because it is one of my new favorite magazines, but it will be the premier issue of new editor, Newell Turner.
Who??

Turner was the former style editor of the magazine, but more importantly, he is a Belzoni, MS native.
Go Delta Boy!
I have high hopes for a good ole boy with a fine sense of style.


Some shots of his home:


I love the sofa at the breakfast table..
but a mink(?) throw over a chair?
I totally understand.


Every good southern girl knows that yellow and blue work.
(Hello, Washington School?)
But those throw pillows and cocktail tables are fun!
There is symmetry, but it isn't stuffy.
Add some nailhead trim..
and
a TV ON AN EASEL??
Genius.


Fine antiques, Palms, and funky accessories.
Done.



And Always have a great place to sit and enjoy the view.


"Don't Obsess. 
You'll make mistakes.
You'll learn to love them."
Newell Turner


Photos via House Beautiful

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the nice post! I hope you enjoy the first issue with me at the helm. It (the July/Aug issue) is going out now. Your post left me laughing about one thing. It's not a mink on the chair in my dining room. It's a faux coyote or fox or something. It was holiday swag from Pottery Barn a couple of years ago and comes in handy when family from the Delta are visiting in the winter. It can be a deep freeze up here. Anyway, Thanks again for the nice post.

    ReplyDelete