Monday, June 7, 2010

Easy, Breezy Beautiful

So, have you ever been just chillin’ on a Sunday afternoon, when your husband announces that ya’ll are having a "get- together" that evening?

No? That happens sometimes around the Seabergh household. Bonus points to my man.. he gets the cooking done. I don’t really have to do that much work.
Oh, wait. Have you met me? I will find something to do.
So I work.


It's Sunday, so I run to the Wal Mart. Memorial Day calls for either red, white, OR blue. I feel that one is enough. Red plates, napkins, cups. Rock it out.. my go-to tables with black table cloths. Perfect background for any shin- dig. Should I be more patriotic? Probably, but I am on time restraints.


Flowers?? I stress for a little bit.


I have a good background. I worked with the uber- talented people at Oxford Floral for a few years, and my mom is the goddess of yard- floral arrangements. But I do have to have a little inspiration to make it work.


But, walking in to the WM, these little beauties were screaming to me. I had a moment, then BAM.


They are Moss Roses, $1.68 a pack and threw out a big impact in the great McCarty cups and tube vases we have around the house.
It’s been a week, and these little gems are still going strong!
Pre- Party.. the girls and I did some riding. And ended the afternoon with this view:



What a happy day.. Throw in some burgers and Corn Hole, the little get- together was a hit!


Just a couple more little shots.
Thank GOD for the early summer in the Delta. We ALL know what is going to happen in the next few weeks. We will get eaten alive by mosquitos while we sweat our little booties off. Don’t lie. There is no GLISTENING. We sweat.
IT IS HOT.


But we are still rocking some amazing blooms around our yard.
Check it.

My first day lily!



Hope everyone had a great Monday. I have been super busy, but I am glad to be back in my little blog- world!

1 comment:

  1. I've been gone most of the week- my oldest just graduated from 6th grade. I know it doesn't sound like much but to me he might as well be leaving for college!! It's going by so quickly! Anyhow, even though it was last minute it sounds like it turned out great! Let's face it, some of the best things in life aren't planned out in advance!

    ReplyDelete