Friday, April 30, 2010

Cultured Friday: Jere Allen

"I will own a Jere Allen one day."
I cannot tell you how many times I have thought or said that statement over the last 10 years.
I missed his painting class at Ole Miss by only one semester when he retired.
I love his work. Really, he is probably my favorite.
Absolutely beautiful...  So rich and dark.








The ones I remember drooling over at Southside Gallery
in Oxford were always deep red or glossy black.
Now I see he is doing bright whites!
I love them but definately go more for the darker ones.

Some of these paintings are over 7 feet tall...
Um,  I have the perfect spot in my house!

Check out his studio .





You can read more about Jere Allen and see work here and here.

1 comment:

  1. The second and the last one are my favorites but they are all amazing!

    ReplyDelete